Lets Chat Personal Life and etc..
exxtrissm88
SW NEW MEMBER
SW NEW MEMBER
Switzerland
Oct 2024 09 08:40

Sinner, Revenge on Shelton in Shanghai!

Post by exxtrissm88

The Italian champion beats the American in the match valid for the eighth finals of the Chinese Masters 1000

Jannik Sinner advances in Shanghai. The Italian champion - already fresh from victories against Etcheverry and Daniel - beats Ben Shelton in 2 setswith a final score of 6-4, 7 (7)-6 (1), thus reaching the quarterfinals of the Chinese Masters 1000. A match that is worth the fifth precedent against the American, who a year ago beat the South Tyrolean on the same court.

In the next round, the leader of the international ranking will face Daniil Medvedev, fresh from the success against Stefanos Tsitsipas , remedied in 2 sets with the final score of 7(7)-6(3), 6-3. The precedents with the Russian (n. 5 ATP and 5th force of the draw) are 13, with the Italian one match down in the overall balance. The match valid for the quarterfinals is scheduled for Thursday 10 October (time to be defined).

The victory over Shelton is worth the 62nd victory of the season for Sinner, as well as the 14th quarterfinal reached in 14 eighth-finals played. These are the words of the Italian at the end of the match: "Shelton served very well, I tried to stay there and find a way to respond but it was very difficult. However, I am happy with how I played the tie break and happy that I was able to push. I want to see how I finished the match, that is, with more aggression and this gives me confidence for the next matches. Now I will try to finish in the best way possible. I am happy with this quarterfinal, but I am also very tired. The most important part is the rest. It was not easy to play after two and a half days but now we have to raise the level".